Friday 10 August 2012

Nesting, probably.

The clutter in my house has reached a point that it annoys me enough to actually do some small-ish projects.  The ones I have done aren't life changing organization but they are decluttering some small but annoying areas. 

A couple days ago I took apart the kids art cubbies and trashed a whole bunch of things, recycled a whole bunch of other things and I still have a small pile of things so donate.  I got ride of the non-crayola crayons because they are terrible and the kids won't use the. Colouring books always seemed lime the best thing for the kids but they prefer to be creative with plain paper, coloured paper and scrape book paper, so I'm donating all the colouring books to a local restaurant we frequent that could use them.  I also emptied and reorganized the two drawers keeping me things accessible but now tidy. 

Tonight I tackled the pantry which was a bit of a disaster since we got back from the cottage.  So I went through the bottom 3 shelves and reorganized, tossed expired things, and got rid of superfluous boxes and packaging. Lots of garbage, recycling and compost followed but now the hallway is cleared out and we again have a usable pantry.

Now all I have to do is finish in the living room, then do the dining room, basement and then prep our bed room for the babies arrival.  Not putting too much effort into prepping for baby since this is baby number 3 and I have tried to keep purchases to a minimum, and since we have a co-sleeper, baby bath tub, stroller, car seat and a whole bunch of loaned clothing, I think we are pretty much set.  The IKEA dresser still needs to be put together and filled with the stuff but again that can happen after baby arrives, if need be.

Now time for a quick shower and then a bit of TV then bed.  I'll probably still fall asleep before the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment