Tuesday 18 December 2012

Little Man

I back for a bit again, it has been a while since I posted but I have been rather busy not that we have 3 kids in the house.  I thought I should give a bit of an update on how little man decided to make an entrance in the world. 

I was resisting being induced since I wanted to avoid anything that could lead to a C-section.  I believe that one intervention so easily leads to another which could end in a C-section.  So I brushed aside all my doctors suggestions of an induction until it was 14 days passed my due date and my doctor was sharing her worry if we put it off too long.  I said if it didn't happen by Thursday then I would consider it and that she could put me on the induction list.  2 days passed and nothing happened, but I was still very emotional and upset when the hospital called and said I should come in for induction.  

The nurse was kind and told me that I should arrange childcare (which was already taken care of,) call my husband (we were having lunch so I didn't have to wait for him either,) and clean my house (apparently she thought my house was much cleaner then it was.)  With that description of timing, I wasn't in a rush so we putzed around and killed time, all the while I would randomly start crying since I was really not wanting an induction.  We were at Costco, it was about 3 hours after the initial call and I got another call asking if we were coming it.

We finally made it into the hospital and since they knew I was a reluctant participant in being induced they offered to break my waters (I've always wondered why waters is plural) first.  I liked that option better then a pitocin drip.  They broke my water at 3:15 pm and labour happened rather quickly, with very little time between contractions.  Then at 8:23 pm Little Man was born.

Here he is 4 days old, at the office, hanging out for some tummy time.

This is how much he loved the car seat, or not! He is about a month in this picture

A beautiful picture of Little Man with his dad (although not much to see of him.) He is about 5 1/2 weeks old.


Little Man is now almost 8 weeks old and starting to smile which is really a lot of fun to watch.  Currently he is an awesome sleeper but I am sure that will change in time.  The best part of him being an awesome sleeper is that I get to sleep and with sleep the "Crazy Mom" hasn't really made an appearance, Yippee.  

I will be back to posting again soon. I've tried but my husband stole the SD card out of my camera and he takes the other SD cards to work with him and I only seem to make stuff in the kitchen when he is at work.  I made a lot of tasty, tasty dishes recently that would have been nice to post, but I guess that means I just need to make them again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment