Wednesday 24 February 2021

Sourdough Waffles

Pandemic had made hobbies a thing.  I got back into baking and sourdough.  I don't do it as much as I did in the early days of my kids being home and eating all the things, but I just got my starter up to snuff and this is one of my regular recipes that helps use up extra sourdough starter.
Sourdough Waffles modified from the New York Times.

Start the night before.
240g unfed sourdough starter
120g flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup milk

- Combine all in a bowl (with a lid if you have it)  leave on counter overnight.

The morning you'll eat these beauts
To the sourdough mix add

1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 oz melted butter
1 egg beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

- While you waffle iron preheat, melt butter then whisk in egg to combine.  Sprinkle salt and baking soda into sourdough them top with butter egg mix and vanilla extract.  Stir until combined and slightly puffed up.  Cook in waffle to desired done-ness.  Them eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment