Sunday 20 January 2013

Post Baby Weight

Little man is doing really well.  As of 11 weeks he weighed 12lb 2oz and I am amazed how generally relaxed he seems to be.  We have gone through a bit of a fussy week which might be that he is teething, feeling a bit under the weather or it could be that he is now 12 weeks old and he wants to be fussy.  It is a bit of a guessing game.

What isn't a guessing game is the amount of baby weight that I am still carrying.  This pregnancy I put on less weight then with the girls but I also started out heavier then with the girls.  I put on about 30lbs with Little man and didn't loss as much as I had hope...dreamed I would lose.  I was hoping beyond hope that it would all magically fall away, but I knew that it wouldn't since it hadn't after the girls :(

This has left me with a bunch of weight to take off, again.  To facilitate this endeavour I have signed up for Weight Watchers.  I started at 202.6 and I am down to 197.1 which isn't a whole lot and averages out to .7lb for every week I have attended, but that was over Christmas and New Years and I am actually fairly proud of myself.

One of the ways that Weight Watchers encourages you to lose weight is through exercise which I hadn't been able to start until 2 weeks ago since I had lovely case of pelvis diastasis. I started back at Karate and started my couch to 5K program (I could give you a link but there are may programs to choose from, I am using a C25K app for my android phone.)  I have been going to karate on Tuesday, Thursday and the occasional Saturday, Sensei can work us pretty hard.  

I have also started running but that became difficult when my husband went back to work, boooo.  I have a gym membership that I haven't used in a year since finding out that I was pregnant.  It does have a child minding service but Little Man is still too young to use it yet.  Luckily hubby works not that far from the gym and has a very flexible office, so I can drop off the kids with him and I can head to the gym to get my runs in. 

I have completed a slow week where I did 3 runs of: 
5 minutes of warm up
30 seconds run, 60 seconds walking, repeat until I reached 20 minutes on the timer.
5 minutes of cool down.

I am in the process of working on week 2 of C25K, I have done 3 runs in week 2 but since I am running more then the recommended I have repeated week 2 day 2 :)

This was half the amount of running as the first week of C25K, but I wanted to start out slow since I have hurt myself in the past by starting to quickly.  I did that while we were away for New Years since they building has a rather minimal gym, but did include an elliptical.

Currently I am trying to run 3-5 times a week and do karate 2-3 times a week.  When I get my tendon problem in my wrist sorted I will start to do some weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment