Saturday 26 January 2013

On The Road Again.

This week has had a lot of successes this week and some things that I'm just realizing.

I have succeeded at doing all the exercise that I had scheduled in for this week, I even added a Pilates workout at the Y today, it felt good. I've missed Pilates, I had an awesome instructor who I worked with for years through my local rec centre.  A couple of years back I decided that I wanted to go back to my Karate class that I had taken at Uvic when I was there for university.  Different sensei, different people but still great feeling getting to hit people, a great stress reliever.  It was part of my "do something that scares you" thinking. The problem with taking both of them is that they were on at the same days and times, i made the choice to drop Pilates.  It felt great to isolate those muscles again, I'm not too badly off after baby, there are abs in there somewhere:-)

In today's Pilates class, I felt great doing the moves but when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror I was less than impressed.
After the baby was born, my beautiful pregnant body was now a large deflated body.  I sometimes have a problem looking at myself in the mirror since the image of my self I hold in my head is still very different than what I actually have right now.  I think it has to do with feeling like I still have so much to do and so much to loss.  Before I got pregnant with Little Man I was somewhat active with running and Karate and I was starting to lose weight from when I was pregnant with Rosie and now I see all that work ahead of me again.

On the more positive side, I have been feeling really good over the last week.  My body really likes all my running and karate, I'm mean my back, knees and feet aren't great but they are doing.  My outlook is positive and I'm more energetic.  I'm loving the feeling, so I will try to focus on the feeling knowing that if I keep going with all the exercise and tracking what I eat then the physical changes will happen.

I weigh in on Monday's and this last Monday I had lost 1.5lbs so I'm at 195.6 for a total weight loss of 7lbs.  I'm pretty happy that all the changes I've done over the last few weeks is starting to show up on the scale. 

And.........

My pants are getting looser. 

We are up at the cottage over the weekend, so I only have my tablet which isn't a great way of posting pictures. Or, at least I haven't figure it out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment