Sunday 11 September 2011

Busy Time

Ladybug started school this last week and I have been flying all over the place trying to get everything sorted for school.  Lunches and uniforms and all the other stuff.  
Ladybug scooting to school.
Drawing a picture on the playground.  This is what started her adjusting to not being glued on to my leg.


All lined up at school.  She doesn't look particularly happy about this.

I have been doing a bunch of domestic stuff, to prepare myself for the inevitable struggle with every day lunch making and the post school day meltdown.

There was a meet and greet with the teacher on Wednesday and L was shy and didn't really want to interact the teacher but she did start to soften near the end of the 30 minute appointment.  Thursday was her first day and it was a full day from 8:20am to 3:20pm, so it was a long day. She had a great day but only made friends with the teacher, I think that will change once she starts to know the other kids.  There are only 10 girls in her class room so she doesn't have that many choices.  The boys class has 16 kids but unfortunately I don't think they play together all that much.  She seems to become friends with boys much faster then with girls, but we will see how this turns out.

I forgot to bring a snack after school but things were going really well until we were a few minutes away from school and the meltdown arrived.  She was fine as soon as I gave her a nice cold drink of lingonberry juice, and then my happy munchkin was back.

Friday was another full day at school but she was able to wear her regular uniform rather then her #1 dress which is rather warm especially since summer weather has finally arrived here. Apparently she made some friends in class but doesn't know their names yet.  I have become friendly with some of the other parent in the class although, we did miss out an opportunity to get together this weekend with some of the other kids since we didn't get the email until a bit late for a meet up at Willows beach, Oh well.  She was happy and playing when I arrived and she was really happy to see the peanut butter and jelly sandwich that I brought for her to have as a snack, the school is nut-free so PB and J's won't be happen as a lunch but after school is totally an option.

After school we went to Mothering Touch to get new winter hats and I also found they had sale on Kids Keen Sandals and I managed to get the sale on their winter shoes as well so Rosie is all kitted out for this winter and next summer (hopefully she fits the shoes next summer otherwise I will have a new pair of orange keen newport sandals in a size 8 to sell :)

No comments:

Post a Comment