Saturday 24 September 2011

And the Day goes on.

Today has been a bit of weird day, but that is not unusual since my husband is out of town and that generally means odd behaviour from the kids.  I know that Rosie is at the age in which she is pushing boundaries and trying nerves.  Plus, we have the addition of the dogs to the mix.  When J is home, he takes the dogs for their 2+ walks a day but when he is out of town it becomes my job to take them to get their exercise etc. 

We took then dogs for their run and then headed out to an outdoor store for their semi annual sale.  I have a thing for merino wool, especially from Icebreaker.  I find the fit really nice and the wool is really soft.  So when I can find it on sale, I do go a little overboard, you should ask my friend Tash who, is usually the recipient of the mail since I usually send it to her house to save on the duty since we travel down often enough to pick it up.  

The sale was pretty good, but the kids were kind of all over the place.  Line ups don't agree with the kids (really they don't agree with adult either but we put up with them as a necessity.)  So the rest of the day went along the line of me: "kids please don't ___."  kids: doing exactly what I have asked them not to do.  Fun day and very exhausting.  So I was really glad when J had arranged for the kids to stay overnight tonight at my parents while he was away this weekend.   

After the sale, Rosie's preschool had their annual picnic so we were planning to head to here at 11.  Rosie fell asleep on the way home from the sale but Ladybug really wanted to go, so I ran in the house and pack a quick lunch and grabbed the stroller and put Rosie in it.  That was probably a bad idea since she woke up once we arrived at the park.  Both kids had a great time (mostly, a few meltdown don't really count, right?) Ladybug met up with friends from when she went to preschool, since their sibs will be in the same class as Rosie (I see play dates in our future, okay I know there will be since we will see them tomorrow.)

Ladybug has a book that she picked up at Grandma's house, it contains a bunch of projects that she wants to try.  We have done one, which was pine cone bird feeders.  The other project that she really wants to do is the terrarium.  So our plan was to pick up steamed milk, then head to get my car washed, and then head to Michael's to see what they had for glass bowls for a terrarium.  My car dealership offers free car washes every Saturday but I thought that it went to 4pm but it only goes to 12pm so drinks in hand we headed off to Michael's.

Besides the fact that the kids were annoying and Rosie was screaming to get out of the cart (which wasn't going to happen since a) she was screaming, b) I didn't want have her grabbing things randomly c) or having her running away since that is always fun for a 2 1/2 year old.)  So I put up with the screaming and got directions to the glassware section.  Surprisingly enough, I found a terrarium bowl with directions.  Sweet, guess what we have in our house right now :)  On a side note, someone also posted a GardenWorks workshop tomorrow on Facebook about terrarium, so guess where I am calling in the morning - I am totally crossing my fingers that there is space in that class tomorrow.

After Michael's I really wanted to drop the kids off but Mum wasn't ready so I had to fill an hour with the kids without blowing a gasket.  I tried Beckwith park but was sorely disappointed at how busy it was, so I was just going to drive around for a bit but I had a hankering for a Red Barn Market sandwich.  I got the kids to pick out some fruit for themselves and I bribed them with a brownie if they behaved (although I didn't tell them what it was but didn't give it to them until they had behaved - so not really bribing right?) We shared a brownie and then it was time to drop off the kids - Yippee!!!

My plan for this glorious kid free evening is rather boring. I went for a run, and it was glorious.  5.5km exploring the neighbourhood.  I added an extra 5 minutes running interval but it was just that good.  I felt recharged and energized by my run and I haven't felt that in a while.  I might go for another run tomorrow or a bike ride, both sound like good options tonight but tomorrow is another day and we will have to see.   I had my sandwich for dinner and I have now had 2 Rock Creek Ciders.  I had pictures of all these delicacies but my camera ate them :(  and so it I :)  

All this time this evening has led to finishing off 2 post, once which is surprisingly long.  I think it might be time to go to bed, perhaps to dream.  I would love to have a good night sleep but I don't think that it will happen for me tonight, maybe next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment