Monday 19 December 2011

Kickass Corn Bread

I love my corn bread.


I mean, I loooooooove my cornbread!!!


There is only one problem with it, that it doesn't last, at all. It is usually gone rather quickly and if there are any leftover, it just isn't the same the next day. This cornbread is a little different then most cornbreads. It doesn't contain any flour and thusly is pure deliciousness.

Johnny Cake
1 cup Cornmeal (Yellow or White)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Eggs
1 cup Cream Style Corn (I use the small can, 10fl oz)
1/4 cup Veggie Oil
1 cup Sour Cream

~Preheat oven to 400.
~Stir together all the dry ingredients in a 8"x8" square pan.
~Add eggs, cream-style corn, oil and sour cream and stir until combined.
~Bake for 25 minutes or until browned.

Enjoy!



Start with a 8"x8" pan, grease it (although I neglected to do that here)

I like to mix everything in one pan, to save on dishes.

Here are all the dry ingredients.

Here are all the ingredients in the pan.

All mixed up.

I love this cornbread so much that I didn't get a chance to get the camera out before it was devoured.



No comments:

Post a Comment