Thursday 15 December 2011

Sick Day and Mug O'Cake

Ladybug had a fever this morning and is currently resting on the kitchen bench, poor kid.  My mum had come over to watch her so I could volunteer at her school, which unfortunately she missed out on.   There were only 4 girls in class today since illness has taken out half the class.

As a appropriate way to keep the cold bug away from me, I decide to make a mug of cake.  That's right, a mug of cake.  Isn't that the worst thing you can think of, a small cake that you can cook in the microwave and have ready within 4 minutes from start to finish.



Chocolate and Caramel Mug O'Cake
Adapted from My Family Kitchen at Babble.com

4 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
2 tbsp White Sugar
3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Egg - beaten
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
3 tbsp Milk
2 pieces of leftover Halloween candy, (I used a Caramilk and a Caramel candy)

~Mix all the dry ingredients and add in all the wet ingredients.
~Pour mixture in a regular coffee mug and put the candy in the middle of the batter.
~In the Microwave, cook on high for 1 min and 20 sec.  If the cake is not quite cook you can cook in 10 sec chunks until it is the cooked.  (I cooked mine for 1 min 40 sec)


All the dry ingredients are mixed in a bowl (you could use the mug but this was handy for photos.)

There isn't a lot of each ingredient so a small bowl will do.

I put the combined mixture in the mug.  It is just waiting for the chocolate and caramel to be added.

Here they go.

First the Caramilk.

Then the caramel

Still in the Microwave, it puffed up rather well.  I didn't get it at its full height.

Out of the Microwave and piping hot, so let it cool a bit before devouring.

Doesn't that look delicious?

 I found the treasure.

And the treasure is tasty.

2 comments:

  1. You have leftover Halloween candy? Hope L feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I have recycled some into the advent calendar but my kids work on the principle of "if I can't see it, it doesn't exist." They remember to ask for a couple days and then they forget that there is candy waiting for them to ask about it.

    ReplyDelete