Monday 12 December 2011

Sinus infection has eaten me alive...

I have been really sick and tired.  I had a terrible cold that turned into a sinus infection, I could have dealt with it earlier but I kept telling myself I would get better in a couple days.  2 1/2 weeks later, I finally take myself to the doctor and get some heavy duty antibiotics, I am feeling better within 3 days.  The only problems with this whole cold thing is that I had no energy or desire to work out and my eating went to hell in a hand basket.  So here I am on the brighter side of my sinus infection feeling less then bright and rather blue.  Chocolates had become my best friend, my favorites were the Himalayan Pink Salt Peanut Butter chocolates which took me 4 days to go through the whole box and then I set on the Hedgehogs truffles.

I feel terrible about gaining weight and just terrible all around. I decided that I should try to kick myself out of the funk that I am in, so... I decided to go for a run this morning.  This was the plan from last night and I managed to keep with the plan this cold frosty morning.  I did not run as far as I had thought I would but I ran to school with Ladybug and then ran home from dropping her off.  I was slow, but I did it and I think that I will do it again this afternoon when I pick up Ladybug from school.  I need to get back into shape from my weeks of being sick and I thought a little here and there might be better then throwing myself in whole hog and getting hurt in the process. I would like to continue to get better and continue having shoulder and an upper back that doesn't hurt.

Ah, some lofty goals I have set for myself.  But I don't think they will be too hard to handle.  I will try to eat a bit more veg and a bunch less chocolates and then see what happens.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment