Wednesday 4 January 2012

Smoothie Breakfast

I am trying to follow some of the advice of Peas and Thank you using her Pealightful-Plan.  This is based on the smoothie from the breakfast plan.  Now, you have to excuse the colour since it looks a little green but that might be the spinach.  There are a few new additions to my normal smoothie mix.  I usually use fresh banana, frozen fruit and milk, but this time I added just frozen bananas, unsweetened almond milk, fresh spinach, raw oatmeal, natural peanut butter,  and cocoa powder.  It was delicious, although I decided to add another 1/4 c of oatmeal next time I will try to add it all at the beginning to make sure that it is ground finer then it was.  I was amazed by the smoothie, it was delicious.  I was doing a banana, chocolate, peanut butter flavour and it as thick and delicious.

Good Morning Smoothie

1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1-2 cup Frozen Banana
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1-2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
1-2 handfuls Spinach
1/4-1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats

1 Place all the ingredients in the blender and wizz it up until it is all blended together and smooth.  

2 Place in a glass and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment