Tuesday 19 July 2011

Dragons

I have been learning a lot about dragons in the last little while and I thought I would pass along the some of the tidbits that I have gleamed from Ladybug and Rosie in the last 2 weeks.  I think point form would be best for this.

*Dragons like to live in dark woods.
*In Canada we only have girl dragons.
*The best ways to keep a dragon away from you is to roar really loudly (the kids love to do this in the car even though we have told them that the dragons can't hear it in the car)
*They like to eat people (this is unfortunate since Rosie has now been too scared to stay at the play structure by herself and daddy had to go save her since she didn't want to come out but was too scared to stay in)
*Another good way to keep dragons away is to have a monster with you. (The only draw back to this plan is that monsters like to eat people too.)
*Now according to Rosie, dragons and monsters make for good eating, although, Ladybug thinks that they are yukky.
*They do believe that there can be good and bad dragons, but since they are unsure how to tell which is which, they still want to have swords to fight off the dragons.
*Ladybug wants a mini light saber from McD's to fight the dragon because her sword is only foam. (I am guessing that she doesn't know that the light sabor is only plastic and would probably be less help then the foam sword)


That is about all I can recall at this time.  There will probably be a few installments of fun kid stuff regarding dragons.  I am so amazed at how their minds work.  I don't want to squash their imagination but I don't always want to feed their imaginings.  It is a fine line, but since there aren't any dragons (except the kamodo dragon) that I know of, I think we are fine to let them keep on imagining and discovering the world around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment