Monday 25 July 2011

Pancake morning

We are back at home now and we had a productive afternoon yesterday.  We had 2 extra people in the van so we were not able to bring all the stuff when we came but since Fletcher was staying longer and had a huge van, he brought our stuff down.  So during the afternoon without laundry we cleaned the house (which is already messed up, thanks dogs, they walk around and leave a fine coating of fir everywhere.)  Plus, I got another run in.

Any way we are now 3 or 4 loads of laundry in and I have a free day with the kids to do some of the final chores before the end of the month.  Since my gardener cancelled, I decided to make buckwheat pancakes for the kids, so I cracked out the Rebar Cookbook and made some yummy buckwheat pancakes.  Rebar is a local restaurant that does caters to vegetarians but does have some meat on the menu for those who like hanging with vegetarian.
So I decided to clean out my cupboard and what did I find but Buckwheat flour, which is surprisingly handy when making buckwheat flour pancakes.
 Here are the first batch of small ones that I cooked.  I decided half way through cooking the pancakes that I should add some protein powder and some agave, so that is what I did to the rest of the batch and ten I made the pancakes smaller.

Delicious.

I decided to serve them with what the kids like to call the yogurt sauce.  It is so simple that I think I will add the recipe.  

Breakfast Yogurt Sauce
Yogurt (I prefer greek yogurt but in seems to expensive compared to greek yogurt in the states, so it is treat)
Honey
Vanilla extract


*put however much yogurt you want in a bowl and mix in honey to taste, you can add a little vanilla if you like, but the kids seem to prefer it without.

Tasty and there is more good stuff in it compared to pancake syrup.  


No comments:

Post a Comment