Wednesday 6 July 2011

Water Park

Ladybug spent most of the day at Dance Camp, which is going well.  We are still a little iffy on the eating but otherwise she is getting better and less whiny as the week progresses.

Rosie and I had breakfast out with J and Audrey.  She is driving back to the interior today and I didn't really have a chance to visit so we did a bit of chat over breaky.  Lovely

I decided to take the Bellyfit class again at the Y since yesterday's was so much fun and I didn't wake up with an uncomfortable back, so this time I tried putting Rosie in Playcare while I went to class.  This hasn't been a successful strategy in the past since she doesn't always do well when she isn't with people she knows.  Today was much different, she didn't want to leave.  Amazing!   Luckily they were closing so she didn't really have a choice.  I did a 1.6mile warm up on the elliptical machine so I feel like a I had a good exercise day (eating, not so much.)

After class, I had just enough time to rush home and take a shower.  R didn't like this plan so she fell asleep in the car.  I did the responsible thing and put up an umbrella over the window to shield her from the sun and then promptly left her in the car in the back parking pad to take my shower.  I was showered, dressed and back at the car in around 8 minutes.  I came back to her still fast asleep.  So off to pick up Ladybug, unfortunately the lady in the car next to us in the parking lot of the dance studio woke R up while I was getting L from class, because I was again the responsible parent and left R in the car (which I could see) to get L from class.  Don't judge, sleeping is more important.

We made a quick side trip to get a new summer karate gi, since mine is not summer weight and is a little yellow around the edges and I will be wearing it 3 days straight this weekend since it is Karate Summer camp :)

Them home for swimsuit and then off to the waterpark.  In which my kids did not get wet - at all.  Weird children.  They did have a lot of fun and spent a lot of energy running around and having fun.  R made a friend, it was so cute.  She would call for her friend and then they would go down the slide.  It is nice to see her developing interpersonal skills, but then again she is a bit more outgoing then L.

I actually had a great evening with the kids.   They were great playing together with only a few spats that were easy enough to redirect.  They were pretending to be cats and L was taking R up to put the baby cat to bed, at the same time as I was wanting them to take a bath and I was able to use they whole cat thingy so make it work.  L put the cat to bed while I filled the tub and then it would be time for the cats to have a bath.  I didn't want to spoil the fun by telling them that cats don't like baths, but I think they go the idea since there was much splashing to be had.  Hair and bodies got washed and they both smell like peaches right now since I got them new shampoo and leave in conditioner.  Delicious, the shampoo smelled so much like fresh ripe peaches, the conditioner not as much but still nice.

I am currently sitting on the deck in the dark with the deck heater on (only like the 2nd time we have used it in 4 years)  the decadence of summers and new patio furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment