Thursday 28 July 2011

Favorite Summer Snack and Speedy Lunches

Summer in time for fresh local fruit.  There is nothing better then mixed fruit and berries, fresh and ripe.  So good.
 Pitted cherries, raspberries, and a half of a nectarine.

Fresh fruit topped with a mix of 1% plain yogurt and 0% greek plain yogurt.

Yogurt and fruit all mixed up and topped with a bit amber agave and vanilla extract.

So summer is also a time when my kids don't have a regular schedule which makes my days very busy.  One of the busy days we got home at 12:10pm and we had to be at a park at 12:30pm for a play date with Ladybug's friends.  So I had about 10 minutes to make lunches for both kids and myself.  There is what I managed in 10 minutes.

 Rosie is not a big fan of sandwiches since they are on bread, which she is not a big fan of.  That kid will eat the toppings off the pizza slice while leaving the bread alone.  So here is the plan, for Ladybug I made a Peanut Butter and Jelly and sandwich, an apple, some plantain chips and raspberries.  For Rosie I made a ham, cheese, and honey mustard wrap and a cut up kiwi and an apple.  I also brought some left over buckwheat pancakes.  

 Here are the lunch all packed up.  For Rosie's wrap, I wrapped each end of the rollup with aluminum foil and then cut in half so it should be easy for her to eat without unwrapping.  As you can tell I also like Lock n' Lock containers.  Handy containers, my favorite is our tofu container.

For my lunch, I had some of my Quinoa Salad with a drizzle of Sesame Miso Dressing, I am loving have a big batch in the fridge, so I can add it as a side dish if I am still hungry.

I had some leftover Bacon and Lentil Concoction so I heated that up and put it in a ceramic Lock n' Lock

Here is all of my lunch with a bottle of water ready to go.  I did all this in 10 minutes.

Here are the kids enjoying their lunches, although it was a little breezy, Ladybug was a little cold but warmed up shortly after running around for a moment or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment