Saturday 2 July 2011

Happy Canada Day and Uncle Tony

So Friday markes the 144th birth of Canada as an self-governing dominion on Great Britain and Tony's 80th birthday. Tony is J's uncle on his dad's side, so my MIL, J, the 2 girls and I all took the Harbour Air to Vancouver rather then taking the approximately 4 hours each way to take the BC Ferries. Things started really well. My MIL came by the house early and we all went downtown and found free parking downtown, SCORE! Then waited for out plane. Yippee for free fruit, tea and coffee.

They were having Canada Day Celebrations in Vancouver and I got to see the Olympic torch lit for the first time.

Then off to the luncheon to visit with J's family. Here is Ladybug showing Saukok how to play here favorite game on my phone.

The menu was great, a choice between duck or bass with an amuse buche to start and a lobster and crab salad. Tuna sashimi and a soup of some sort (I wasn't really paying that close attention)

Then the proverbial shit hit the fan. Ladybug, having not eaten properly was demanding chocolate which Aunty Helen had given her at the beginning of the meal but we had said that she would have to keep until after lunch. She refused to eat anything and since I don't back down easily from these fights (with the hope that she will understand that there are certain things that you can't do and have a fit about. I won't back down ever if she is having a tantrum over something she wants. Ask nicely and I will consider it.) So we finally got her calmed down enough after what seemed like hours but was probably only 40 minutes, she finished enough bass to allow her to have the chocolate and she then total calmed down. ARGGGGGGHHHHH. Just what I needed to have in front of hubbies' family. Then I got her some fruit and she is all happy.

After the luncheon we walked about with Cousin Carmen for a bit to see Cousin Steven at his sausage cart.

We had some time to kill before our return flight so we found a lovely hill and the kids did some rolling.


After a gazillion pictures to get a family pic, this is the best one I got. Oh well, we will try again later.

And then home after a tiring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment