Sunday 10 July 2011

Karate

Crazy busy weekend.  I was Karate Summer camp for ShotoCanada.  Which is the Shotokan association in Canada.  2 1/2 days of classes.  I was like taking 8 karate classes in 2 1/2 days.  Lots of fun, I learned 4 new katas, and went over the kata I need for my next grading.

Wasn't an exciting food weekend, but still tasty. Today and yesterday I made a salad. It looked similar to this.  Today I had a pickled egg, picked beets, corn, goat cheese and some vinegar from the pickled eggs.  Yesterday also had miso dressing and artichoke hearts.

Dinner yesterday was a garden burger and some veggies.  Delicious but not exciting.  I am not sure what we will have for dinner tonight but I am sure we will have something :)

J made some Miso Dressing that was delicious, so I watched how he made it.




Miso Dressing (All measurements are approximate and will need to be adjusted to taste)
1/4 cup white miso paste
1/4 cup soy sauce
Large splash of sesame oil
2-3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2-3 tbsp olive oil
sprinkle of garlic powder
sprinkle of powdered ginger
sprinkle of sesame seeds

It is a pretty basic method to make the dressing.  Add the ingredients (except seeds) and whisk up until smooth and then add the sesame seeds.  Voila, salad dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment