Sunday 3 July 2011

Prelude, in more then one way.

It has been a busy day, unlike all my other day, right :)  I didn't get a chance to really have time to write, but I want to give you a peek at what I will post about tomorrow.  Ladybug is going to her first all day camp and since this is the first time at camp, this is also my first time having to pack her full day lunches and snacks.  So here is the first lunch I have packed.

homemade veggie and beef samosa with plum sauce (from a jar)
blueberries
sandwich with soy butter and blackberry jam
yogurt
protein smoothie, which I am freezing to work as a freezer pack and hopefully it will thaw in time for lunch.
carrots and celery
water

I am hoping that:
A) that she will eat the food
B) I have enough to satisfy her, and
C) she does eat, so her blood sugar stays up.

I guess only time will tell.  Also, this is a good test run for how kindergarten will go in September.  Wow how time flies...and in January I will have 2 kids in some sort of school. That requires another Wow.

Of course, I forgot to make the smoothie until 11:30pm but hopefully that will be enough time to freeze.  I think it will be since the berries were frozen and it was quite thick and cold to begin with.

Recipes and pictures will be posted tomorrow when, theoretically, I will have more time.  We will have to see, since I have to pick up Ladybug during Rosie's nap time.  Maybe I can get her to sleep in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment