Thursday 30 June 2011

Tea

I have a friend coming over for tea this afternoon so I thought it would be a good idea to make some scones to eat along with the tea.  Having seen this recipe on Yes, I want cake and was determined to try it soon.  So here I go.

 So here I have all the dry ingredients together in the bowl.

 Add the butter.  I made 2 batches so in this batch I cut the butter with a pastry cutter and in the other batch I used my hands.  They came out surprisingly different but I am not sure which one I like better.

 Here is the Vanilla Bean Icing that I made for the top although next time I will add less milk since it was quite runny.
 I have added the milk, sugar, and vanilla bean.  Shaping the dough into a thick rectangle and then cutting that into 6 and then cutting the small squares into triangles as seen here.

Here they are all baked up.  The ones on the very left side of the cooling rack are the first batch and are already iced but they are thinner and have a slightly less light, fluffy and delicate as the second batch (which I used my hands to incorporate the butter.)  Both very good, just different.

Now I am going to take the left overs to my Mum's house so I don't have to eat all of them.
*I edited this post just to add this picture.  Isn't it pretty, plus the scones were delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment