Sunday 12 June 2011

Saturday was a Long Day

Preschool Garage and Bake sale today (okay, it was yesterday but it was a long caffeine filled day) I had to return the pans to Crumsby's by 8am so I actually dragged myself out of bed by 7:15 to get a shower and then drop off the pans and pick up the cupcakes which I had left at a friend's place. Then off to the preschool to move, categorize, and price all the junk stuff that everyone had brought in. The picture only shows less then half of the stuff we had, we also had a huge kids section, housewares, knickknacks and probably a dozen bikes. I spent the morning selling and then I deeked off around 12 to get some lunch at the lovely as always Shine Cafe. I got back just in time to help count money and then a quick trip to the bank and another 20min rolling coins and we raised a total of $732.54. Score !!
Here are half of the cupcakes that we baked, the blue bubblegum with gumballs in the front were a great success. We sold all but a dozen of 240 mini cupcakes. Aren't they pretty

I was totally exhausted for some reason so I spent an hour+ in bed watching mindless tv. Jaime BBQ'ed a lovely meal of grilled zucchini, asparagus, mushrooms, potato and BBQ'ed tofu or steak. I had the tofu and it was lovely. No pics, too tired.

After dinner and after all our guests had left I decided to try to make cold oatmeal(I need to figure out a new name something more descriptive, ha ha)

How about:

Steeped Oatmeal

1 cup large flake oatmeal,
1 cup milk,
sprinkle of cinnamon,
handful of nuts,
handful of raisins,

mix together in a bowl and cover.  Leave in the refrigerator overnight and enjoy cold in the morning.


As this was intended to be my Sunday breakfast, I put things that I like since I like my oatmeal less sweet then the kids and with a bit more interesting things in it. Unfortunately, the kids has some of the oatmeal but didn't like it as much as they would have if I had left the raisins and nuts out of it. I thought it was delicious.

I tried to go to bed early but my caffeine filled day left me wired and I was still wide awake at 1am. I gave up at 2 and took some Bach Formula Rescue Remedy to help ease my tension and slow my brain down since I was stressing myself into wakefulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment