Saturday 25 June 2011

Friday, June 24th 2011

It was a relaxing day. Miti had an appointment so we had arranged to meet up at that Au Bon Pain since they have the bestest Asiago Cheese bagel ever. I managed to get up, have breakfast, make tea although I was unable to actually drink it since I didn't notice the time, and then I made it to the 10:30 Yale shuttle to downtown. I did this all by myself, of course, I did have the map that Miti made.

I go to sit at ABP, knit and listen to my audiobook. Then off to lunch with Miti's friends who had moved to NYC, Molly and Silas. Very nice and interesting conversations were had and some very delicious Indian, which makes me happy.

After lunch we walked around the downtown core and chatted our way back to the house. One of the store that encountered was the New Haven Free Store I love free store and I have a free store on Denman Island and it is great and a great place to catch up with people. I picked up a wool sweater that I am going to felt up and make into a hoodie for Ladybug.
It has been felted in this picture and my plan is to add a hood from some of the red felted sweaters that I have at home and then shorten the sleeves and put in a thumb hole, use the extra sleeve to make pockets and add a zipper in the front to hide the stain on the front. Totally excited about this, I don't know about Ladybug since she is in a blue faze but I hope that she will like the sweater.

We stopped in to visit the hat store and there was a lovely fascinator hat but I couldn't figure out how to get it home and it was $75 which was a bit more then I was willing to pay for a hat right now.

The rest of the afternoon Miti and I watched the movie Dogma while we did our handycrafts.
After the movie I decided to make some granola bars since they are the easiest thing to make and there are few ingredients and no sugar. I started calling them "Kitchen sink granola bars" only because we just started throwing different things in to them.
I think they ended up having cinnamon, cardamon, chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, and loads of coconut powder which is finely shredded coconut. Soooo Good. Although, STV wants more chocolate. So good

Once STV got home we decided to go to C.O.Jones for Margarita's and the happy hour special of free blackbean burritos
Here were are together for a lovely picture that I tried to take of all of us.

This is my Diablo Margarita with Blood orange, Pomegranate and Passion fruit. I got a large so I was totally tipsy by the end. The home for Shawshank Redemption Ahh, it was a lovely day :)

Tomorrow is the start of the weekend so Stephen will be able to join us on our exploits.

No comments:

Post a Comment