Monday 6 June 2011

So Far So Good.

Today started well, I managed to get my lovely husband(J) to take the youngest (I'll call here Rosie here) while I took the oldest (Ladybug is a good name) to preschool. That way I could get a run after I was kid less. two 11 minute runs with 3 minutes of walking in between was a great way to go. I felt great afterward and really that is what I am looking for. I joined J at his office to planned to work out what I needed to get from Costco to make the cupcakes for the garage sale fundraiser at the Ladybug's preschool. I wanted to try a different recipe for chocolate cupcakes and I found one in the Joy of Cooking

Here is how they turned out
I think they look rather delicious. The cupcake is very light and airy which is not how I generally like them and the fudgy icing is still rather sweet but balances out the cake. This wouldn't be my choice of cupcakes since my favorite are denser less sweet cupcakes.

Breakfast was a quick grab which I ate at my husband's office. It consisted of a handful of frozen raspberries thawed in the microwave, some 2% yogurt and some cereal sprinkled on top. Plus I had my mandatory cup of tea. Lunch turned into a mess and I had to give up on my first meal since it exploded in the microwave. So I had microwave pizza, a salad with red peppers, red onions and sprinkled with honey vinegar and a large glass of cold brewed coffee and milk.

Now what I really need is someone to come over to my house and eat the cup cakes. I halved the recipe but it still made 24 mini cupcakes, so I don't end up eating them.

The kids have been jems, especially since they weren't home until after 1pm. J picked up Ladybug from preschool and took them to Nando's for lunch. I think we had agreed to meet there but I thought we were meeting at home. Rosie reluctantly fell asleep around 2:30 and I am hoping that she stays asleep until 4 but we don't always get what we want.

My dinner plans consist of mashed potatoes and stewed beef with a whack load of BBQ'ed veggies, I might make the kids taco's since I thawed a pound of beef yesterday to make a hamburger for Ladybug who had scrapped her knee and all she wanted was a hamburger which is strange since we rarely have hamburgers. The meat hadn't thawed but the Tea Party was still on so we took her to the midway and the kids got to do some of the rides and Ladybug got her hamburger. That was an all around win :)

No comments:

Post a Comment