Sunday 12 June 2011

Sunday, bloody Sunday.

Loungey day, we made it out of bed by 9 since the dogs needed walking and the kids were starting to get restless. J took the dogs for a walk while I had a shower and got the kids dressed. The girls and I took less time so I decided that we should walk up to the restaurant we were going to for Brunch and put in our reservation and then head to the park to wait out the list. All was well until I had to take Ladybug home because she had an accident. As an almost 5 year old she should be having accidents everyday, but that is were we are at right now. I don't know if she does it on purpose, which I wouldn't put it past her since she does things to piss me off all the time, or if there is a real problem. We already have a referral to the pediatrician, but I won't be there so I don't know if we will learn anything from the appointment. But I am at my wits end with all the accidents. I try not to shame her and just tell her to change her pants, underwear and then go to the washroom again. She balks and going to the potty when I ask/tell her too, but then has an accident less then 5 minutes later. Arrgh!

So this led to Melty McMelty-pant having a whine-fest through breakfast. I had given her to options for pants in the morning and when she peed in the first I gave her the dreaded other pair. I was totally at the end of my rope with the whining. During Brunch, J said he was going to try an experiment, he was going to talk Ladybug to fight practice. I don't get how a 4 year-olds mind works but she wanted to stay with me instead of going with her dad, I don't get it since all she wanted to do with me was hit me, whine at me and have a tantrum. KIDS!

So I am making a half batch of Quinoa salad since we will be leaving on Tuesday to head down to Seattle to catch our flight to Iceland on Wednesday. I started with boiling the quinoa like rice but I used chicken stock instead of plain water.
Then I add a whole bunch of different veggies. Lemon zest, olive oil, pepper, and some finely chopped herbs.
If we have feta and kalamata olives in the fridge I will put them in the salad as well. Yummy.

After I got Rosie down for her afternoon nap, I realized that I could fine my course workbook from my correspondence course and I hadn't submitted the last 4 assignments although I had read the captures and answered all but one question. So I had to go through and answer all the Q's again. Blargh.

Oh, on a side note I finally got to try the stewed oatmeal I had it for a snack and it was delicious. Now I want more but there was only about a 1/2 cup left. I guess I know what I'm making for breakfast tomorrow.

Dinner plans are still up in the air. I think the kids will have the left over BBQ'ed tofu, Rosie will probably have some of the baked potato and there will be veggies. I will probably eat salad with quinoa salad on top and a side of something from the freezer. J is thinking of having quinoa salad with some salmon from the freezer. We are trying to eat as much out of the fridge/freezer as possible since we will be gone for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment