Sunday 26 June 2011

Canoeing and Costco.

We had a slow start to the morning but decided that a trip down the Mill river in the canoe would be a fine way to start the day. I was going to take my camera but the boat was really tippy and I didn't want to loose the camera to the water, so it went back into the car so I have no pictures :( We paddled all the way up to the waterfall and the Eli Whitney Museum. They had the coolest water park thing, it was meant to get to be used and it was meant to get wet having fun and that is what I did.

As we paddled back to the car, we sang a few songs we knew including "Canada's Really Big" and "The Naughty Young Maids of Antir" That last song we spent most of the trip back to the house trying to remember the lyrics, Good thing for the internet.

Laos Szechuan for lunch. It isn't my favorite style of chinese, but it was good. The szechuan peppercorn was a little over powering for my tongue since I'm not really a fan of it's numbing affects. This was Rabbits and Peanuts in Wild Pepper Sauce.
Bamboo Shoots with Wild Pepper (Szechuan Pepper)
My favorite is the pea tips with a hit of garlic, delicious.
STV's favorite Mapo Tofu with pork.

Then off to Costco we went. I didn't intend to buy anything but I found a cute dress for myself and super cute skirt for Rosie.

Off home and Night at the Museum while STV look a nap. I frogged my elefante but I started it again on larger needles and it is looking so much better. The colour is pooling nicely on the main body of the beast. Pictures later.
After a dinner of whatever was in the fridge STV decided that a walk would be nice, so we headed out and we decided that a 40 min walk to get ice cream was a nice walk. Miti and STV were talking about blinky bugs and I so wanted to see some and what do you know, we found some by some bushes in the park that we were walking by. I wanted a picture but they only blink so I wasn't able to catch one on film. That was my first encounter with blinky bugs, so cool. We kept walking and made it to the ice cream store and I had a yummy Coffee Oreo ice cream at Ashley's Ice Cream . Sorry I ate it without taking a picture, it was that good.

The plan was to catch the Yale shuttle so we headed to the nearest bus stop but discouvered that the shuttle goes the wrong way at that stop and since it is Sunday and it is 10pm, we decided to head over to the nearest stop to catch the same bus that had just gone by. Thank you YaleGuest wifi, my smart phone and that fact that the Yale shuttle has GPS on all the busses so you can see how far away they are. Bonus, at night the Yale shuttle drops you off where you want to go, Score.

Now this was night shuttle and in general Connecticut drivers suck, royally since they don't follow any known rules of the road. These shuttles are scarily relaxed in their driving habits. He didn't even slow down his break neck pace to go around a corner, slidey, slidey.

I have packed my bag and I have some how made it all fit in the suitcase (except my new shoes) so I will only have 1 bag and my backpack. I wonder if Air Canada has a weight limit for carryon items, if not I may just carry it on the plane and not have to worry about baggage claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment