Thursday 23 June 2011

Monday, June 20th - Our Last Day in Iceland

Sleep was elusive and hard to get. Apparently I am used to falling asleep at 3am not 12:30am, we both tossed and turned. We didn't have a clock in the room and our phones were across the room charging so if we wanted to find out the time we had to get out of bed. I was anxious about sleeping in so I didn't sleep well at all and I know that J was watching Night Court at the wee hours of the morning.

Tom dropped off the phone charger we had lent him but we didn't manage to see Carson or Audrey off. We had a quick bit to eat and then waited for our shuttle to The Blue Lagoon.

We arrived and stowed our bags and went to book some massages. We couldn't get anything together since they were all booked up so J got an indoor hour long massage and I had an outdoor, half hour massage, just before we had to leave so I had to run off as soon as my masseur was done.

We spend the day hanging out in the lagoon trying to find a good warm spot since it was rather cooler then it was in March. In the process of lounging and getting a massage I got burnt :( darn sun. Oh well I will have to survive.

After a super speedy shower, and change into regular clothing I made it to the bus in time to catch the 2:15 to Keflavik so that we could catch our 5pm flights. J and I aren't flying home together, in fact, I am not heading home but heading to JFK airport to then get a train to New Haven CT to visit my brother and sister-in-law.

Long flight, annoying seat-mates, tired Kathy, then bed at Miti and Stephen's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment