Friday 10 June 2011

CUPCAKES!!!

I was looking up the recipe for Mango Chutney that I posted yesterday, I found his recipes for bibimbop
Picture from www.closetcooking.com

We are leaving for our trip to Iceland on Tuesday so I didn't want to buy more then I have to, so I decided I wanted to go to Sura for a Dulsot Bibimbop which is served in a super hot granite bowl and unlike the picture the egg is served fried. So delicious and I had taken some beautiful pictures but for some reason did not save properly on my camera. It was delicious with bulgogi, fried egg, rice, chinese mushrooms(my favorite), carrots, zucchini, sprouts, and probably other things that I am missing. Sura always serve it with some side dishes which usually consist of kimchii, pickled sprouts, potatoes cooked with sugar, soy and sesame oil and lettuce with sweet soy dressing. It was lovely and really tasty.

At 4 I meet Lauren from Shine Cafe to get ready to bake mini cupcakes. There were 5 of us for most of the evening but in the end it was just Michele, Stephanie and Me.
Here we are post baking and having cleaned up. It was a fun night baking and chatting. We made Vanilla cupcakes with bubble gum icing, vanilla and chocolate cake with vanilla and chocolate icing. We made approximately 240 mini cupcakes and 36 regular cupcakes but a few were lost for quality control and for being wonky looking.

I'll post a picture of all the cupcakey goodness tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment