Monday 1 August 2011

August Health Challenge.

I am my own worst enemy.  I eat when I am not hungry and I crave sugar and other things that I should try to limit.  So I need to get out of my own way and so I have started to form a plan.  I will probably add things as they go along. My plan so far is

1)If it goes in my mouth, then it gets written down.

2)Activity everyday.  I have Karate on Tuesday and Thursday.  I want to run 2-3 days a week and I want to take some at the Y which might not be the easiest thing to incorporate, but I'll try.

3)No snacks after 8:30.  The kids go to bed around 8 and I don't always eat dinner until after the kids go to bed.  

4)Brush and floss my teeth at 8:30, thusly helping prevent the snacking.

5)The next 2 weeks will have no added sugar, that means no baking for a bit.  (Refer back to 1)

6)Positive self-talk. "I am strong, I am confident, I can do this" or something similar that works for that occasion.


I have a plan to make a dream/vision board.  This should help me keep on the straight and narrow, or at least I can hope that it does.  I need a vision, an end goal so that I keep on track.  I think I will make a post out of that process, too.  I am really good at starting out strong and fizzling, usually within hours.  I have made progress with my running so I should be able to with my health.  I have 20-30 lbs to lose and I would like to make at start at it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment