Saturday 27 August 2011

Tea at the Cottage

I had a thought today about a yahoo group that I was part of for a number of years.  It was made up of some of my friend here in Victoria, and some of the people they had met in Finland while on exchange.  It was a nice way to keep in contact, so that when E moved to Scotland and N moved to Seattle we still had our little group.  No one uses the group now but it came to my mine today

It was named for the cottage in Finland called Dragoon.  The cottage belonged to a Miti's family (Miti is now my sister-in-law, so I have one more tie to this group of people)  This is were E or N would vacation with Miti.  

I met with Pirjo and Miti at E's wedding, which was a fun experience and I am really glad I got to meet such nice and interesting people.  I got to meet a few more of the crew while in Finland for Miti and Stephen's wedding. 

Friends come into your live and sometimes they move away and maybe even move back again :)  But is always nice to know that you are friends.  There are some people who come into your life and you only see occasionally but it feels like the time between visits is insignificant.  I have such great friends in my life and I wish I could visit with them more, but I know that when we meet again there will always that bond.



This is a great gathering of memories.  My pink Muumin cup that was a apartment warming present from Miti's mum when we were visiting Finland for the wedding.  The tea pot is the same pot I made tea in every morning when were staying at my cousins house in Reading while he was in Victoria.  In the pot is my favorite Finnish tea called Emperor's Bride.  Even the kettle is a the same brand that I grew up using, it is a Russell Hobbs which used to be difficult to find in Canada (but now I can get it at Costco)


Ah, Muumin and some lovely Emperor's Bride.  Two Finnish delights.

No comments:

Post a Comment