Saturday 27 August 2011

Chocolate Salty Balls.

Ok, they aren't really salty but I couldn't resist making that a title.  These are my first attempt at raw brownies and boy are they good.

Very simple and quick to put together.

Raw Brownies
3 cups Walnuts
1/4 tsp Salt
20 Dates
2/3 cup Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Vanilla

*In a food processor wuzz the Walnuts and the salt until it is a fine crumb.
*Then add remaining ingredients until the mixture starts to ball up in the machine. (I had to add 2 more dates since it was a little dry and didn't really want to stick together well)
*Using a small scoop, form balls and then roll them between your hands until they are the desired shape.  (Obviously, I chose balls)

The walnuts are chopped to a fine crumb, I scrapped the bowl a couple time to stop it from turning the bottom into walnut butter. Th


I added the dates. but wait there's more.

I also added the cocoa and vanilla.

Doesn't that look so chocolatey

Here is the finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment