Sunday 21 August 2011

School Lunches Planning

Ladybug is starting full time school in a little while so I have been thinking of what to do for her lunches.  She isn't really into food out but it is still important to get her to eat so she doesn't turn into a meltdown kid.  This has led me to do a bunch of testing with possible lunch time entrees.   I have noticed in the kids a proclivity for things on skewers, so I am attempting to put things on skewers to see if they eat it.  Here I have placed canned mandarins on a skewer since I know that neither of the kids like mandarins.  They ate them up :)

Cheese Pizza with fruit skewers and flower shaped carrots.  I see many bentos in my future.

Looks like something the kids might eat, right?

I have put some thought into what would be some good lunch options for Ladybug's school lunches, so far my list included:
-Shepard's pie with mashed sweet potato
-Butter chicken with rice
-Meat balls
-Pasta with salad dressing
-Stir-frys
-Veggies, noodles and protein
-Roll up (Tortilla, cream cheese, salami or lunch meat)
-Pea Butter and Jam Sandwich

On the side:
-fruit skewers
-yogurt
-smoothie
-veggies chips (either raw or baked veggies)
-crackers

After this I am at a loss.  I haven't packed a lunch for a very long time and since we don't usually have any leftovers I figure that I will make a batch and freeze it in appropriate portions so that I can reheat in the morning and put it in her thermos.


No comments:

Post a Comment