Friday 19 August 2011

No Bake

Yesterday I wanted to make something and I didn't really want to spend too much time baking or cleaning up afterwards.  Here enters the no bake cookies.  So not so healthy for you, so I might have to fiddle with the recipe to make it more nutritious, but currently this is a sometimes food.  (I just need to make sometimes foods happen less often)

No Bake Cookies
2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup Butter
1/4 cup Cocoa
Pinch Salt
1/2 cup Milk
4 cups Quick Oats
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1 tsp Vanilla

*In a sauce pan add Sugar, Butter, Cocoa, Salt and Milk.  Bring to a boil
*Remove from heat and add Oats, Peanut Butter and Vanilla.
*Spoon on to parchment and let cool.

All boiled up and ready to go.

Oats are added to the cooked mixture.

It makes this gooey chocolaty oaty peanut buttery goodness.

I used a disher to form the balls, which are a bit deformed.  I used to use a plastic coffee scoop and they came out great, although I think that I might have sprayed the scoop with oil first.

The last lonely ball left to pack away (I thing this one might not have made it to the container)


My day went really well, but that might be due to the kids being with their dad most of the day.  I got to clean off the junk counter since it had started to grow and multiply I decided that it was time to decluter the counter.
Dinner was a bit of left overs mixed with the bounty of my garden.  Swiss Chard, Zucchini, Onions, Garlic and Green Beans all from my garden topped with a bit of left over Satay covered in peanut sauce and some Mmmm Sauce and the last of the goat cheese.  It was so good that I had something similar with lunch today although it didn't have the chicken and sauce but it did have some corn cut from a cob.


No comments:

Post a Comment