Tuesday 23 August 2011

Mmm Balls

In preparation for Ladybug's start in school in a not that long, I decided that I should make some meatballs.  I did a great job putting it together the meatballs but I forgot the egg and I over baked them.  They were tiny so it didn't much matter that there was no egg but over baking did make them a little dry.  I think that will be okay if I put them in sauce but now I know.

Mini Meatballs
1 lb Ground Beef
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
3 large dashes of Italian Seasoning
salt and pepper
glug of Olive Oil
1/4 onion
2 mushrooms
1 clove garlic
1 crust piece of Bread, 
2 tbsp Milk

*Preheat oven to 375
*In a bowl put the beef, Worcestershire sauce, oil and seasonins.  
*In a small food processor, Wuzz the onion, mushroom, and garlic until finely minced.  Add that to the beef.
*place the crust piece in the processor and wuzz until finely chopped, place in a bowl and add milk (just enough to moisten the bread) and then put it in with the beef
*Gently mix the beef and all the ingredients, try not to mush it up too much since that makes it tough.
*Gently shape into small ball and place then on a lined cookie sheet.
*Bake until just done, maybe 15minutes

Where the beef?  Here's the beef, with all the other stuff added to it.  I just mixed it gently.

Look at all them balls :)

They are probably about 2 tsp worth of meat mix.

All cooked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment