Sunday 21 August 2011

Crafty Project: Dream Board

I decided that I needed a bit more focus for what I am looking for with getting healthy and losing the baby weight.  To facilitate this I put together a Dream board.  It needs a bit of work still since it is held together with packing tape, but it will work for now.  

Currently the only thing on it is a picture of a blogger who is 3 months postpartum and is looking fit and back to her pre-pregnancy body/weight.  I am using this as a push to keep myself on track.  I still need to find other things that inspire me to keep doing it and things that show me why I want to succeed.  


How I made it:
Found a large cheap frame from Micheal's and I took out the glass.  
I cut out some quilting batting since that is what I had on had and cut it to fit the backing board.  I might need to look for something a bit sturdier then the frame's backing board.
I cut the fabric a bit bigger then the board and stretched it over the edges and held it in place with some packing take.  (I still need to find another alternative to that)
I cut ribbon to make the cross hatch pattern and taped it down as well.  (Next time I will weave the ribbon a bit more since that will keep the pictures etc in place better.
Placed the whole thing back in the frame and bob's your uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment