Monday 22 August 2011

Oatmeal Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins

Ladybug wanted make lemon sauce.  Sauce is her favorite thing she wants to make, it is usually a random list of ingredients that she mixes in a bowl.  Instead, I decided that we should make muffins and Ladybug asked for lemon blueberry muffins - score!

I wanted to make a whole wheat muffins so in steps the internet to save me :)  Cooks.com was happy enough to spit out a few choice from which I decided to make Oatmeal n' Wheat Blueberry Muffins and then I made modifications.  I apparently I can't look at a recipe without modifying it.

Oatmeal Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
1 cup Quick Oats
1 1/4 cup Buttermilk or 1tbsp + 3/4tsp of lemon juice and then fill up to 1 1/4cup of milk
1/2 cup Honey
1/4 cup Oil
1 Egg
1/2 tsp Lemon Extract
1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup Blueberries

*Preheat oven to 375 and grease or line 12 muffin cups.
*Soak oatmeal in the milk for 5 minutes and then add honey, oil,  egg and lemon extract.
*In a small bowl add flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
*Add the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients until just mixed and then add blueberries.
*Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Mummy's helper, she measured out the flour and I didn't even double check it was right, I though about it but didn't :)  As you she did manage to get some on her knee, but overall a fairly mess free exercise.

Here are all the wet ingredients.  I think I need a 3 or 4 cup measuring cup since I really like mixing in it; it make one less bowl to wash.

In the oven.

Don't those look nice.  I opted to grease the pan rather then line it since I still have to grease the cups. If I don't then I lose a lot of muffin to the liner.

They came out really well.  Only one broke coming out of the pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment